Monday, April 16, 2007

Ayyappan

My favorite Ayyappan Song .All time hits
Significane Of the Song

Harivarasanam is recited before closing the temple door at night. Harivarasanam song, which is sung today at Sabarimala as the Lullaby at night (Urakkupattu) was composed by Sri Kambakkudi Kulathur Srinivasa Iyer. It is said that Srinivasa Iyer used to recite the composition, after the Athazha Pooja, standing in front of Lord Ayyappa at the main temple. With the efforts of Swami Vimochanananda, it came to be accepted as the lullaby by the Thantri and Melsanti. The composition has 352 letters, 108 words in 32 lines (8 stanzas )




1 comment:

Sharmi said...

AMAZING BLOG!! Being a very devotional person, I found your blog like a treasure. so many lovely videos. I got goose bumps listening to Harivarasanam. while I was in India I used to listen to it every evening. there is nothing like it.